About Our Chapter
Founded in 1976, the First WI Chapter of Muskies, Inc. is dedicated to advancing conservation through youth outreach, improving fisheries, and promoting scientific research.
We exist to further the purposes of Muskies, Inc. which are to:
- Support selected conservation practices based on scientific merit as carried out by authorized Federal and state agencies;
- Promote muskellunge research, establishment of hatcheries and introduction of the species into suitable waters;
- Support the abatement of water pollution;
- Provide a library facility for scientific and popular muskellunge literature, and to maintain records of habits, growth and range of the species;
- Disseminate muskellunge information and, as an insubstantial part of our activities,
- Promote a high-quality muskellunge sport fishery.
Located in the Eau Claire/Chippewa Falls area of NW Wisconsin, the First WI Chapter is a leader in building a better Muskie fishery for the Chippewa Valley.
YOUTH – We seek to provide quality programs and activities to educate our young members and, where possible, youth in general to ensure the future of the fishery and continuation of sound conservation practices.
FISHERIES – We work to conserve, protect and restore Wisconsin’s Muskie fishery. Areas of concern include habitat preservation, water quality, water management policies, and the development/maintaining of self-sustaining fish populations.
RESEARCH – We seek to support local projects and activities that involve improving the Muskie fishery.
Please join us. Our general membership meetings are open to everyone. Throughout the year, we have featured speakers and “on the water” gatherings on local waters, plus an annual tournament.