2021 Fall Melt Down, Lake Wissota, Chippewa Falls, WI. October 23rd 2021
On Saturday October 23rd , 2021 we will be holding our annual Fall Melt Down on Lake Wissota in Chippewa Falls. Fishing time will be 8 am – 4:30 pm with a mandatory lunch break 12-1. It is highly recommended that you visit either The View or Sand Bar for the mandatory lunch as they are both major sponsors of ours for the annual tournament. The awards and social time will be held at the View and will start at 5 pm.
This is a social event that is a great way to wind down the year with some fun competitive fishing and good company. The traveling trophy will be presented to the winner of the event at the end of the day. We hope to see you all there! The full set of rules is listed below. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Matt Ross at 920-242-1631 or email email@example.com.
- No sign up necessary- just show up before 8 am the morning of the event. The event will start at 8 am and run until 4:30 pm with a mandatory lunch break from 12-1. You may still participate if you are late but please notify Matt Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org). Launch point will be the landing off HWY X in Lafayette across from the View. There is a small launch fee but if you choose to, you can launch elsewhere as long as you send your liability form in prior.
- Any individuals over the age of 18 must be a member of 1st Wisconsin Muskies Inc. to qualify however; you may have a non-member as a boat partner.
- Event is to be held on Lake Wissota and will include any water accessible by boat including any tributaries such as Yellow River, Stillson Creek, and Paint Creek.
- A release of liability form will need to be filled out by each participant. You can find a fillable pdf and a printable version on the muskies inc website under policies/docs tab on the left hand side. It is still labeled at 2020 but is good for 2021. It is preferred that you fill out the liability waiver and send it via email to email@example.com but paper copies will be on hand the morning of at the HWY X landing. A pdf file should also be included in this newsletter that you can print out if you don’t feel like navigating the website.
- This is an individual event. You may fish several anglers in one boat but only your fish will count toward your personal score.
- You are allowed to use any legal artificial or live bait as long as you abide by Wisconsin’s number of lines law.
- Only fish 30” or better count.
- Individual with the most total inches at the end wins and will take home the traveling trophy until next year’s event.
- All fish must be verified upon end time at the View with both a picture of the complete fish on a bump board (white fold out style is preferred), and also a picture with the angler holding the fish as well as the bait name that it was caught on. You can text the pictures to (920) 242-1631 or bring them to the gathering at the end.
- Fishing from shore is not permitted.
This is a fun social event for bragging rights so come on out and have some fun!